Marital Status Change

Divorce, Legal Separation, or Spouses Death

To remove your spouse from coverage visit or contact the Lubrizol Benefits Center at 1-844-747-1641

To disenroll a spouse from Supplemental Life (Group Universal Life) contact Mercer at 1-800-905-1768  or visit

Supporting documentation is required.  Your Divorce Decree must be sent to Corporate Benefits (mail drop 491A) within 30 days of the event date.

Remember Your Taxes

Consider reviewing your tax withholding.  If changes are required, submit a new federal tax withholding form and a PAR – Employee Name/Marital Status Change form to Lubrizol Payroll.  You can find these forms on the Channel under Employee Resources. 

Remember Your Beneficiaries

Listed below are beneficiary forms or instructions to make any changes to your beneficiaries:

  • Visit to change your beneficiaries for your employer-paid life insurance.
  • Visit Lubrizol Personal Plans to change your beneficiaries for Supplemental Life
  • Pension - your spouse is your only beneficiary for the pension plan until after you separate employment or retire.
  • Profit Sharing and Savings Plan or AWDC - Visit the Voya Participant Website to add or change a beneficiary.