Newly Married

Follow these steps to add your spouse to coverage:

  1. Gather necessary information:  
    • Spouse social security number.
    • Spouse date of birth.
    • Copy of your marriage certificate.
    • If adding additional dependents due to marriage event, make sure you have new dependents’ social security numbers and dates of birth.   
  2. Complete PAR to change your marital status – Channel – Employee Resources – Payroll – Personnel Action Requests (PAR) – PAR- Employee Name/Marital Status Change.
  3. Visit to add your spouse to your benefit record – EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT ADDING YOUR SPOUSE TO COVERAGE.  If you are adding your spouse to coverage, you may do so at the same time.

New member ID cards will be issued approximately 3-4 weeks after you submit your elections. Supporting documentation is required.  After you enroll your spouse in coverage you will receive a letter from Lubrizol’s Dependent Verification Center with instructions about how to verify your new spouse’s eligibility.

Please Note: If you add your spouse and other dependents to coverage, a notice to your new spouse about their eligibility for COBRA continuation coverage will be mailed to them. This is a government required notice explaining your spouse’s rights under COBRA continuation coverage.

To enroll your spouse in Supplemental Life (Group Universal Life) contact Mercer at +1-800-905-1768

Remember Your Taxes

Consider reviewing your tax withholding. If changes are required, submit a new federal tax withholding form and a PAR – Employee Name/Marital Status Change form to Lubrizol Payroll. You can find these forms on the Channel under Employee Resources.

Remember Your Beneficiaries

Listed below are beneficiary forms or instructions to make any changes to your beneficiaries:

    • Visit to change your beneficiaries for your employer-paid life insurance.
    • Visit Lubrizol Personal Plans to change your beneficiaries for Supplemental Life.
    • Pension - Your spouse is your only beneficiary for the pension plan until after you separate employment or retire.
    • Profit Sharing and Savings Plan and AWDC - Visit the Voya Participant Website to add or change a beneficiary.